BrainFrame Psychology for Kids: Activities
BRAIN-THEMED MAGNET CRAFT
Not only is the magnet craft heaps of fun, but it's also very adorable and super useful! Plus, kids can let their creativity shine with how they choose to create their brain-themed shapes! Once you have finished creating your amazing masterpieces, you can use the magnet to hang up all sorts of things such as pictures, artwork, report cards, or this youth mental health resources worksheet.
- glue or tape,
- simple magnets,
- OPTIONAL: fancy paper or water color painting supplies (paper, paint, paintbrushes, water)
- Print out your template of choice.
- Make your brain-themed shapes:
- Option 1: Cut out the template pieces. If you chose the B&W pieces, color them in!
- Option 2: Trace the template pieces onto fancy paper (construction or scrapbook paper) and cut out the brain-themed shapes.
- Option 3: Use different painting techniques (like water colour painting) to decorate a sheet of paper. Then trace the template pieces onto the painted paper and cut out the brain-themed shapes.
- TIP (if you chose options two or three to create your shapes): For some of the shapes (gear-head and brain-lightbulb) you will need to split the template piece into multiple sections to get the different colours and then tape or glue the pieces together to create the overall brain-themed shape.
- Glue (or tape if you want it to be less permanent) the brain-themed shapes to magnets.
- I recommend using hot glue if you want the magnets to last longer, but make sure to supervise or assist children with this part.
- Hang things on the fridge or magnetic board using your lovely new magnets!